Search This Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Rescued by a Rescue Dog


Rescued by a Rescue Dog.



Kate a Scottish terrier came into my life during my sixteen years in Boston, by way of a good friend David who was traveling with his job left Kate to my care for two-three weeks at a time.


David had rescued Kate and travel from Texas to Boston her new home, where she lived me with me at our new home in Boston's Back Bay, our Marlborough Street Condo owned my me and a dear friend Edward Holle, who helped me.

It was Christmas just after my HIV and Bipolar diagnoses when things went gray, the story on my home page makes no reference of Kate , she arrived towards the end of but those those 54 days I withdrew from the outside World.

It was Christmas 1996, Rockport-Massachusetts, David his partner at that time had invited me to come up for Christmas and arranged to pick Kate and I up for the drive up, Kate still David's daddy.
The weekend was cold, no snow, we arrived and I took Kate for a walk along the beach, long walks is something we did together as it's during these walks that I was my calmest.  Long walks is why she took to me so well and I to her.


Later that evening, I was sitting by the tree and in walked Kate with a big red bow, a new leash and a gift card that said from me to you, Merry Christmas, it was then...that I was rescued by a rescue dog named Kate.

The weekend ended with our drive back to Boston, Kate on my lap, we arrived back to our home, unlocked the door, unpacked, settled in before I made way to the kitchen to find a new dog bed, dog food, dog toys, it was the gift that keeps on giving and even today although Kate who lived to be 17 years old did played a big role in my recovery from the trauma of both my serious illnesses.


Pets' make wonderful companions, for information on adopting pets please resources below.  Also, if you can't afford to own, consider becoming a dog walker and or house sitter, the part-time income is also welcome.



RESOURCES:

Pet Finder for Rescue Dogs

ASPCA

Become a dog walker

                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment